|I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' this week! Can I actually do 5 posts in a row?|
1. I can't stand anything to do with eyes, I will leave the room if you talk about eyes or try to show me something in your eye. I almost fainted the first time I put in my contacts, good old teenage vanity got me through that one. I still wear contacts, but I've been wearing my glasses more often.
2. My glasses look like something that your smartest uncle would wear,
3. I started my teaching career in the city of Baltimore. I moved with one of my best friends at the age of 22, went to a job fair, found an apartment, and pretended to know what I was doing. On my first day, teaching 1st grade, a student actually tried to climb out of a window. STRAIGHT UP CLIMBED ON A COUNTER AND HALFWAY THROUGH A WINDOW. I called my mom from a payphone down by the gym as soon as my day was over. I didn't know if I would make it through that first year, but I'm glad that I did. My boyfriend (now husband) joined me the next year, and we ended up staying for 7 years!
4. While in Baltimore, my husband and I bought a rowhome through The Teacher Next Door program. It was totally gutted inside, with plywood over the doors and windows. It had been previously condemned by the city and someone had made ladders out of scrap wood to get to the second and third stories. We ended up working with a contractor to totally renovate it, and spent 3 happy years there!
5. I have a chocolate lab.
6. I grew lettuce this year. I tried to grow pumpkins for 4 years, but it never worked out.
7. My husband is a teacher too, so we get to spend all summers and holidays together. My kids don't understand why some people "work" in the summer.
8. I have a daughter and two sons, and moved back to my hometown when I was expecting my daughter. We crossed our fingers and moved without jobs, but it all worked out!
9. I am able to bring my kids to school with me and I love it!
10. If I had not become a teacher (best decision ever!), I should have been a professional painter. I just painted my daughter's room with a dark turquoise color, nobody cuts in like me! Ha!
Thanks for making it through this post! Don't forget to enter my TpT gift cerficate giveaway!
|Click HERE for a chance to win!|